Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Profile PFS22SBSBSS is not keeping temp. The fridge compartment

My Profile PFS22SBSBSS is not keeping temp. The fridge compartment is 59 and the freezer is -8! What does this mean???
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you open the freezer and check the back panel behind the food and tell me if theres any frost on it ? check real good. is the fan in the freezer running ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes there is a small amount of frost in the middle of the panel below the vent
okay, can you remove that back panel? there are screws holding it in. you will need to remove the food and the shelves. do you think you can do that ? we need to look at the frost pattern on the evaporator coils behind that panel.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can try
okay let me know what the frost pattern looks like, is it really clogged with frost? is it just a little frost in one area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't get the panel off. The man of the house should be home in the next 20 mins.
okay just come back and post when he gets back. I will receive it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The coil and the pipes are frosted over completely. So much that it was forcing the panel off.

okay that what I thought, you have a defrost issue, its most likely the defrost heater thats bad, can you recheck the model # ? its not comming up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PFS22SBSBSS is what I have
got it, be right back. in the meantime take a hair dryer and defrost all the coils clean. can you do that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes we are. The flapper between the fridge and freezer was closed. We now have the interior panel of the fridge off.
okay on your model you have a cal rod heater so thats not going to be bad, what you need to do is defrost the coils completely and put the back panel back in. then order this , its the defrost thermostat, this controls the heater. its clipped to the top of the coils, you will see it when you get this defrosted. the refrigerator will run correctly until the part comes in. when it comes in just remove the panel and replace the part, if it has a lot of frost back by then defrost it again and your all set. the heater will take over from there. heres a link to order the thermostat. thanks and good job, well wishes, Bryan