Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The ice door on my Maytag refrigerator model # XXXXX is

The ice door on my Maytag refrigerator model # XXXXX is cycling open and closed. I disconnected it (under the left door hinge) and have looked at various repair sites to fix it. Do I need to replace the HV board or the Dispenser board? I read a thread on your site and it mentioned that the dispenser boaard should be replaced but others say the HV board. Where should I start?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

I would definitely replace the dispenser board first, in most cases thats the issue on these. although the HV board is actually where the relays are located these relays are actuated by the dispenser board. its sends a signal to the HV board and activates the relay.the electronics in the dispenser board are bad. if you unplugged the dispenser board and theres no relays clicking on the HV board then its the dispenser board for sure. hope this helps, thanks Bryan