Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kitchenaid dual fuel oven range, model #kdru767. We

I have a kitchenaid dual fuel oven range, model #kdru767. We recently experienced a power outage. Now the ove doesn't work. We went through the troubleshooting steps and the results were not good. We had an electrician to test for power at the receptical and we had the proper voltage.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the clock still lighting up and are you able to set the temp ? is the digital readout still working ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes the control panel still works.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay so you can set the temp and press start, what happens after that ? does it say preheating ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. The pre-heat says it's preheating. The elements get warmish but not hot enough. We can still touch the elements after 10 minutes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay so the elements are getting warm but not turning red hot correct ? your relay board is bad. part # XXXXX on this diagram. its located on the roof of the oven behind the control assembly. its the electronic control, the broiler doesn't work either does it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct. The elements for either the oven or broiler don't work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

sorry had to step out for a few minutes, okay since the elements are getting warm but not hot the board is the issue. you can order it at the link below. thanks and best wishes, Bryan.

control board

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That's great Bryan. Where would that be located?

I've got the back off and can't seem to find anything resembling a "board.

The board I did find was located behind the burner controls.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
its behind the touch pad assembly on the roof of the oven. while you have the back off check the thermal fuse it wont hurt but usually when the thermal fuse is blown the elements wont heat at all. # XXXXX on the diagram. the board is # XXXXX make sure the thermal fuse has continuity.