Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Jenn Air microwave JMC9158AAB. Turntable, light and fan are

Jenn Air microwave JMC9158AAB. Turntable, light and fan are on with door shut even when there is no cooking program. Turntable and fan stop when door open. *All* other cooking/microwave functions work fine.

Looking at wiring diagram and symptoms don't believe it is a door interlock switch but probably something on the control board. Do you concur? Can the control board be safetly/reasonably changed by somebody with basic home repair skills? Any need to be concerned about the high voltage section or leakage associated with the disassembly/replacement of control board?

Thanks in advance,
Submitted: 4 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this means one of your door switches is faulty. give me a few minutes to look up your model. I'll be back shortly. thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay heres a link where you can order the switches. they come in a set. (two) these are not to hard to replace. you just don't want to stick your hands into the control panel area to far. the door switches are right where the door latch goes into the machine. the door switches are # XXXXX and 2 on this diagram. they sell them in a set of two, you only really need to replace one, you need to test them and see which on is bad. a volt meter on continuity will do that.