Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Samsung front load washer is leaking water out of the front

Customer Question

My Samsung front load washer is leaking water out of the front of the detergent door. How to stop the leak?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

ok that means something is blocking the water from going from the dispenser to the tub of the washer. Pull the dispenser out as far as you can. There is a plastic locking tab you can push down on at the back of the dispenser. Push this down and the drawer will pull all the way out so you can see if anything is blocking the outlet near the back. If not, then pull the entire washer forward. There are 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Remove these screws and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can disconnect the hose between the tub and the dispenser and look for anything inside the hose blocking the water from draining. Usually there is a bleach cap insert or a detergent cap insert or something like that.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already pulled the drawer and there is no blockage. I can feel the water down in the drain hole.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Remove the hose between the washer and the dispenser, there is something blocking it. Sometimes there is a screen on the tub where the hose connects that will get clogged. Either way, that is the only reason the washer will leak out the dispenser.