Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi there! On my Kitchenaid refrigerator model KSCS25INS the

Hi there!
On my Kitchenaid refrigerator model KSCS25INS the seals on the center post between the 2 doors ar getting getting hot.
I have cleaned the evaporator coils thoroughly, checked that the fan is working and even temporarely added another fan to keep the compressor cool. None of this made a difference. Over the last couple of days I have run the frige for a couple of hours to keep the stuff inside cool, and then turned it off for a few hours in order to prevent the compressor from getting too hot. What puzzles me is that sometimes the frige will run for 5-6 hours without the door seals getting hot, and then other times the seals heat up within an hour or so already.
I have purchased a replacement control board but can not figure out where its location is on the fridge, and how to get to it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Peter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this the board you ordered?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Bryan;
Yes, this is exactly the board I have ordered.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay, this board is a bit difficult to get to. its located under the coils from the front of the refrigerator, its in a black or gray box under the coils, take the front grill under the doors off and use a flashlight to find it, some you get to through the back by the compressor but in most cases you go in through the front. heres the diagram. its part # XXXXX hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Bryan;
Thanks, Bryan;
I can not see it from the front but I believe I saw a box like that in the back, when I had the extra fan blowing on the compressor.
I will pull the frige out this evening and replace the board.
Thanks for your help! I will click on the Accept Answer button now.
Peter