Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my maytag preforma washer is leaking water on the floor and

my maytag preforma washer is leaking water on the floor and is always out of balance during the spin cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay great, I need you to remove the front panel on this machine. way down low near the floor there are two screws you need to remove and then pull the panel out at the bottom and unclip it from the top clips . put it aside. fill the machine and let it run. check around the shaft that goes up through the middle of the tub. is it leaking there ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am looking for the green button help me locate it on my page, please
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay no problem, I was trying to see what the problem is first. were you able to get the front panel off ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not yet, I have a load going now and am a tad bit crippled. I will get started now and reply in a bit, sir.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay take your time sir, I will be here . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'M BACK. The shaft is leaking from the top where it is married to the drum.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay,well that mean the main tub seal is shot and it needs to be replaced. this is a pretty big job though and special tools are required like a spanner wrench which you would have to buy. I will however get you the prices but you may want to have this done by a tech. this is what you need replaced. it runs around $75.00 and the labor would be around $100.00, as far as the banging goes in spin I hope the main bearing assembly isn't bad. that would make it out of balance and can cause the seal to fail. is the machine solid on the floor? not wobbly? I wish I had better news about the seal but they are a real big job to install.