Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE Refrigerator; model #tbxx 14spgrwh Leaking from an apparatus

GE Refrigerator; model #tbxx 14spgrwh

Leaking from an apparatus attached to the underside of the freezer (i.e. on the ceiling of the refrigerator). What is that apparatus? It is approximately 2" x 3". How can I stop the drip?

thank you,

Jacques Prudot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

that is the defrost drain , when the refrigerator goes into defrost the water is directed to a pan below the refrigerator. the drain is clogged. let me see if I can pull up some diagrams to help you take this apart and clear the drain. give me a few minutes , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, I may have gottn ahead of myself and clicked accept too soon. Will I still get an answer to my part 2 question?

jacques

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
does your refrigerator have an ice maker ? what I need you to do is clear the drain line. on yours to do this you need to remove the back panel inside the freezer section behind your food. I'm giving you a link to all the diagram. you need to remove the bottom of the freezer # 603 and then the back panel, once thats removed take boiling water and pour it over the ice under the coils until the drain defrosts and the water drains freely. heres the link. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=226550&diagram_id=20252526#d20252526 just click the blue link for diagrams. if you have and ice maker you need to remove that also. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no ice maker--trays only

so, the answer remains the same but, there's no ice maker to remove; correct?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
correct. remove the bottom of the freezer # 603 and then take the screws out of the back panel and remove that, you will see the ice under the evaporator coils. this happens a lot on the refrigerators. just make sure the drain is clear and its draining freely.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you Bryan. I "checked" accept earlier. Thanks again

jacques

over & out

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome and thank you, Bryan