Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an LG LRBN22514ST refrigerator/freezer. The fridge seems

I have an LG LRBN22514ST refrigerator/freezer. The fridge seems to be working OK, but the freezer barely gets down to 32. I pulled the back panel off to vacuum the coil, but it was pretty clean. I removed the shelves in freezer to remove the back panel to check the inside coil for excesive frost. Found it to be clean. I verified that fan is running when the door is closed. Both freezer and fridge fans are working properly. Fridge seems to be OK. The freezer got down to 20 using the express freeze button, but was back up to 38 this morning. The compressor seems to be running as it is warm to the touch. What is my next step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

what did the frost pattern look like when you removed the panel ? in the freezer? was it frosted evenly across all the coils? was the condenser fan in the back next to the compressor running ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The condensor fan was running blowing across the coil. The frost on the coil was minimal at the main connection. The rest of the coil was clean and dry.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

okay, when did you check the frost pattern? what time? can you check it again now ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
checked it last night. cant do it work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay well the coils should be frosted evenly across all of the coils not just part, it indicates you have a freon leak. this is something you cant fix yourself you have to have a licensed HVAC tech do this.its a seal system problem. sorry for the bad news. you can check the frost pattern again tonight but if its the same you need to call for service. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That was my fear. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome, good luck and thanks, Bryan