Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Whirlpool washer fills with water only....does nothing after

Customer Question

My Whirlpool washer fills with water only....does nothing after that...Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The number you have listed is actually the serial number. The model is above the serial number. Can I get that please? Also, does the timer still count down after it fills or does the timer stop?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LFN1000PQ1

Absolutely nothing happens after it fills with water

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That model really isn't pulling up for some reason. Can you please look at it again and see if something is off? The model looks mostly correct but it just won't pull up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LSN1000PQ1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect, now that works.

So the only thing that will cut out everything after the fill is the lid switch if it doesn't think the lid is shut. The lid switch is actually located in the back left corner of the washer and usually on this model you can fix this problem by just bending the back left lid hinge. The hinge just bends over time and won't hit the switch, so if you bend it up a little bit it will hit the switch better. To do this, you need to remove the outer shell of the washer. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the outer shell so that you can access the part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Husband is working on it now.....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. He got the machine to work with that switch, it drains and all of that good stuff, but now the tub does not spin....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Need answer to my second question...
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please stay on line with me until we finish ,, thanks

it will fill. wash and pump out but not spin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are correct. There are no clothes in the tub.
it will pump the water out of the tub when in spin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tub does not spin at all, but water pumps out of it.

the clutch assembly is bad and not the lid switch, the part cost about $55 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you, to do this you need to remove the screws holding the control panel and raise, unplug the lid switch and pop loose the two hold down clamps, slide the cabinet off the base and remove the agitator and the nut holding the spin basket and set out, tilt the washer back, unclasp the pump and pull back and off, unclasp the motor and set off, remove the 3 bolts on the bottom holding the gear case up and pull out, the clutch sets on top around the shaft ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave for my time and knowledge ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service