Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

SE1000 code " L " on touch pad. Washer wont start cycle,

SE1000 code " L " on touch pad. Washer won't start cycle, just clicks back to "L".
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this is an old unit. good one though, give me a few minutes to look up the tech sheets. I'll be back shortly. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay its what I thought it was. your lid switch has failed. you need to replace it. heres a link where you can order this, the part runs around $17.00 and is available. make sure the lid it shut tightly before ordering this. I'm going to try and send you the link to the service manual. not sure if you will be able to open it though. heres the link. this gives you all the service info. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The second website will not let me get past the usdername and password XXXXX Is there another way to get in?

unfortunately no. you have to be a service tech to enter, sometimes they come up though but this one isn't. your problem is the lid switch however. you need to replace it. sorry I was trying to get you the service manual for future reference.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is this a part that I can instalkl myself? Also, the tub is full of water. Will that affect the installation ?

you can get at the switch by removing the front panel. there are two screws near the bottom to remove it. make sure you unplug the machine before servicing. the link below will take you to all the diagrams. that should help. thanks Bryan