Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Model RSD 30S: press "convection",set temp to 350 then the

Customer Question

Model RSD 30S: press "convection",set temp to 350 then the I hear a click and the panel changes to show "135 conv pre - on", the convection fan is running but there is no heat in the oven (internal burners do not come on). Prior to this problem we had completed a self clean. how can I fix this so that when I press "convection" and the desired temp the internal burners will turn on will automatically start heating up to the desired temperature?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

most likely you tripped the high limit thermostat. this is resetable buy pushing the red button on the thermostat. this is usually located on the roof of the oven behind the control but sometimes these are on the back of the oven. reset it and you should be fine. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cannot find this thermostat button. do I need to remove the front digital control panel. There is nothing on back of the oven.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes you need to at least open the control panel to access this. its will be on the roof of the oven behind the control.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've taken the front panel off and the range top off to expose the circuit boards and wiring and there is no reset button.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
its not on the circuit board itself its on the roof of the oven. it may be in a ways. if its not there it has to be on the back. did you remove any panels on the back to see?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have removed all panels - Top & Back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what are your thoughts?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if theres no thermostat then you will need to check the door lock switches. if these do not reset when the self clean is finished then the oven wont work. you need to check continuity on the switches in both positions (open and closed)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I check continuity on the switches?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

these are what the switches look like .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
this ones for a microwave but they all test the same. heres a link to a video on how to test continuity. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Micro-Switch/3B73362F/1325771

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This solution did not work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
were the switches good ? you were able to test them ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes & Yes. Still does not work. Have reassembled the oven and will not be attempting any further trials at repairing will be calling in a technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan