Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My front loader stopped mid cycle with the door latch failure....tried

Customer Question

My front loader stopped mid cycle with the door latch failure....tried to reboot and it says that option is locked....what should I do....wet clothes in the washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you happen to have a model number for this wash? Or if not, can you take a picture of the control panel and use the insert/edit image button so I can see what kind of washer you have?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Trying to get the picture....do we just email back and forth to get this fixed?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you there? Do you need a better picture?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok perfect, thank you.

Yes, just keep responding if you have more questions.

To unlock the control panel, press and hold the end of cycle signal button on your washer.

Now that will unlock the controls but you said the door was locked so you may have to manually unlock the door. To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not see any screw on the panel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also...the control lock light is still on....pressing the end of cycle button did not seem to take care of that issue??
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
then unfortunately your interface control panel is just shorted for one reason or another. It would need to be replaced. The part is about $250 or so.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yes, I said then unfortunately your interface control panel is just shorted for one reason or another. It would need to be replaced. The part is about $250 or so.