Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag dishwasher is making a grinding and growling noise,

My Maytag dishwasher is making a grinding and growling noise, how do i find out what is causing this, and can i fix it myself
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Two things, do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Next, do you know when in the cycle it's making the noise? Is it happening when the water is draining or when it's washing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry i had to go look for the number Model is MDB8750AWS. Seems it is from the start to finish.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so either something is inside the pump causing the noise and needs to be removed, or your seal and impeller kit is going out and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the kit you'd need to order and replace if you didn't find anything taking the pump apart from the top down.

CLICK HERE