Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs

I have purchased a Tristar KB-7060 fridge, every time i try

Customer Question

I have purchased a Tristar KB-7060 fridge, every time i try and turn past the ignition the gas supply dissconects. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 4 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

Welcome to Just Answers, I will be glad to help you with your question.

To run the unit on gas you need to light the gas pilot. To do this you need to press down on the knob. You should here a snap or click to indicate that the spark is trying to light the gas. If you here the click then then you would need to hold the knob in for up to a minute to insure the flame is established. If you hear the click and still can't get it to light, you need to go around the back behind the shield , where the gas pilot is located and check the pilot for an obstruction that is disrupting the flow of gas to the igniter.
I see some controls on the back of the fridge, are they set properly?
Please press the Accept Button (or the Smiley Face if prompted ) now, if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept will Insure that I will still be able to help for future follow-up questions at no additional cost to you. If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!