Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a 2009 Samsung microwave, SMH9187ST that starting with

I have a 2009 Samsung microwave, SMH9187ST that starting with a beep and the digital screen says SE. Cannot clear it and nothing works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

SE is a sensor error, try unplugging the unit for 10-20 minutes, This should reset the error.

If after this the error returns then i recommend you take the unit to a repair center. This is not a good diy fix since factory test equipment will be needed to accurately diagnose the problem and which sensor is the problem. Plus the unit stores lethal voltage even when unplugged.

As much as I would love for you to save money and fix this…. your safety is paramount to me. I recommend you take the unit to a qualified workshop or have someone qualified in to do the repair.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.