Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I own and 11 year old Amana gas range (ARGS 7650). The LED

I own and 11 year old Amana gas range (ARGS 7650). The LED display on the front along with the audible tones and range function does not work. The range is plugged in and the oven light works, but the panel is completely out. This seems like a blown fuse issue, but the manual does not list any fuse. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately this model does not have a fuse that will cut out the display at all. If you're sure the unit is getting power from your house and the cooktop is still working, then you have a shorted display control board. You'll need to order and replace the display control board in order to fix the issue. The part is no longer available so you'll need to remove the display board and mail it to a place like to have the part referbished if you wanted to fix the issue. The cost to have the board refurbished is usually about $200-300.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The manual does not give this type of inforamation . How do you remove the dispaly panel control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
That's really difficult to say for certain without being there. But open the door and remove all the screws coming in from below the control panel. Then pull all the knobs off and remove the screws behind the knobs. If the control panel doesn't pull off, you'll need to take the top panel off. That means removing all the screws going into each burner so that the top panel can be removed. and then you can remove the screws coming in from inside the oven into the control panel.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK. This is major DIY deal. Found all screws and appear to be accessable and turnable however not sure how the top is removed. Are the 4 screws in the burner units the only fasteners holding the range top down? After the range top is removed does the front panel still have to be removed or can the electrical board be removed from the accessing through the removed range top?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I can't say without being there again. Many of these questions really require a person there because they are a bit too detailed to now without being there in person. But either the top will come up after you remove all the screws going in through the burners, or possibly there are 2 spring clips holding the top panel onto the front control panel as well. If the top panel won't pull up then use a putty knife an push the 2 hidden spring clips between the control panel and the top panel to remove the top panel.