Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Microwave wont start. I was replacing the bulb and it shorted

Microwave won't start.

I was replacing the bulb and it shorted out, now the microwave won't come on.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

It's likely the internal fuse behind the control board has blown, If this is a over the counter model take the grill/vent out from above the door, This will reveal the screw holding the control panel in place. Drop the control panel out, behind here near where the power cord comes into the unit will be a replaceable fuse. Replace this fuse for one purchased from home depot or lowes then you should be all set.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think the fuse is good i can pass current through it with a tester light w/battery
Ok if the fuse is good then likely the control board was shorted, In this case the control board will need to be replaced :(

Take the model number to a local appliance parts supplier and order the control board.

Thanks