Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a Sears Electric Dryer Model # XXXXX serial

Customer Question

I have a Sears Electric Dryer Model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX it started making a loud squealing noise and I thought it was something stuck in it. I am a mechanic by trade, but the drum belt was off. I have put a million serpentine belts on, but I cannot figure out how to get this belt back on. I understand the ribs go thru the motor, but how do you load the tentioner and run the belt, there is not logo or diagram to put the belt back on, and none of the manuals that come with the machine even say anything about it. I need the procedure with pictures so I can put the thing back on. The dryer was working fine until this noise issue, not sure as the dryer is only 3 years old if it need a new belt or tentioner.

Thanks, Dave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answers, I will be glad to help you with your question.

Can you double check that model number again, I can't locate that number ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the Front of the Dryer is says 700 series. The numbers we provided are inside the dryer door when you open it. I says MOD # XXXXX SER # XXXXX a bar code next to each. There are no other numbers, the 700 series is on the front where the controls are in the upper right quadrant.

Dave

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

KENMORE 700 SERIES on Front, at panel information tag:

MOD 110.67741600

SER MU2222125

TYPE DDOT-ELE-2406028-CV54

This is everything on the machine.

DAVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtATa0a28bE
Here is a video on how to put the belt on your dryer

Please press the Accept Button (or the Smiley Face if prompted ) now, if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you.
Pressing Accept will insure that I will still be able to help for future follow-up questions at no additional cost to you. If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Did you get the video?
Here is another one if you don't have that type of belt routing
Experience: 35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The video would not load and was unavailable, I tried it 5 times and made sure I put in all of your icons. My dryer is not like any of the other youtube videos, my arm bolts to the motor and is only accessable thru the hole in the rear where the lint tube goes. I put my arm up in there and was able to thread the belt like the one in the video I found after about 5 of them to get it on. I don't know why your video will not load, but I will not forget all of this is on youtube from now on. Why I didn't think of it had to do with being frustrated at it, rather than not understanding the routing. This was a humbling experience for me, since as a Heavy Equipment mechanic it was disturbing that the routing did not make sense, I guess in the long run only working on something once in a while is the reason I use justanswer.com rather than taking a hammer to it. Ha, Ha!

Thanks again, Dave

Did you get it routed ? I still can't find your model number. Is this a canada or ausie dryer? I had one other question with a guy in Austrailia that couldnt get his belt on. Your machine sounds just like he was describing.
Thanks for the accept