Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool side-by side with water and ice in the door

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool side-by side with water and ice in the door model #GS6SHEXNS00. THE WATER DISPENSER DRIPS ON THE FRONT AFTER YOU HAVE REMOVED THE GLASS FROM THE WATER DISPENSER LEVER. IT JUST DRIPS AND KEEPS DRIPPING SLOWLY. i WOULD THINK THAT IT IS BECAUSE THERE IS A WATER INLET VALAVE SOMEWHERE THAT IS NOT SHUTTING OFF PROPERLY. i LOOKED AT THE BACK BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE FRIDGE AND THERE IS A MASTER WATER INLET VALVE WHERE THE WATER COMES INTO THE FRIDGE AND IS THEN SPLIT TO TWO LINES GOING OUT. IT APPEARS THAT THERE ARE NOT 2 DISTINCT VALVES, BUT I'M NOT CERTAIN OF THIS. CAN YOU CONFIRM THAT THIS IS THEE PROBLEM AND THAT I SHOULD REPLACE THIS ENTIRE VALVE OR IS THERE ANOTHER SOLUTION. THANKS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Hi you are correct, calcium has built up into the valve and is preventing it from shutting correctly. Unfortunately these valves are not serviceable so it will need to be replaced.

Click here to order the replacement valve.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THE DIAGRAM SEEMS QUITE VAGUE. IS THE VALVE THE LIGHT BLUE PARTS THAT I DESCRIBED IN THE 1ST QUESTION LOCATED UNDER THE FRIDGE ON THE RIGHT REAR?

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
yes the valve is the light blue part behind the lower panel in the rear, All the water lines connect to it.

Thanks