Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have reinstalled my 24" Double Wall Oven and the doors are

Customer Question

I have reinstalled my 24" Double Wall Oven and the doors are in the locked position and wont open. Can you help please..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Try this, hit and hold the stop/cancel button for 20 seconds.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this didn't work?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
The problem here is the control board is frozen or a door latch switch is bad.

The best thing to do here is a factory reset. Power the unit down for 24 hours, this will reset the internal battery and clear the memory. After 24 hours plug the unit back in, it should then be reset to factory default. The lock should then open and in most cases you should be all set.

If after this you are having the same problem then one of the switches or the motor on the door lock will be faulty. You will need to pull the door lock out and check the motor and switches with a ohms meter for operation. Once the faulty part has been found you will need to replace it. In some cases the locking assembly is sold as one part so in this case simply replace the whole locking assembly.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it fair to say that i won't be accepting this until i know it is correct
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
If thats what you need to do, the answer is correct.

Thanks