Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello. My GE front load washer almost finished a cycle and

Hello. My GE front load washer almost finished a cycle and paused with 1 minute to go. The door has remained locked now for 3 hours and I can't get it to open. There is no water in the machine and I've cleared the pump filter (which had nothing in it). I tried unplugging the machine, waiting 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and pressing signal-delay start-signal-delay start but nothing happened.
I did manage to get these codes, but they don't mean anything to me: cod 600 EE 031 lnu 194.
My clothes are still in the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your door latch may have just failed or may be confused. You'll want to unlock the door manual and see if you can get the washer to work again. If it still acts up replace the latch assembly. To manually unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The panel will then pull straight down and off.  Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly.  This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I got the clothes out--thanks! Now, since I unplugged the washer to manually open it, how do I get it to restart?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
If it won't restart then you need to replace your door latch assembly because it has failed. There is no way to get it to restart other than just trying again.