Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our whirlpool II quiet partner, model DU1055xtvq1 fills with

Customer Question

Our whirlpool II quiet partner, model DU1055xtvq1 fills with water but my dishes are not clean it drains and emptys just fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

If you clean out the screen and it still work wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part.