Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have purchased a Maytag Refridgerator with both the ice

Customer Question

We have purchased a Maytag Refridgerator with both the ice maker and the water dispenser.We had followed all instructions and were getting water from the water dispenser.We were in the middle of the flushing 5 gallons through the filter and the water stopped running with maybe only one gallon through.WE had taken the filter out and replacer the cap, as per instructions in manual if faulty filter.No difference?WE have only had the refridgerator for 1 week,is there something else we can Check?
Thanks Ted
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The problem is that your refrigerator went into flood mode because you held the water dispenser paddle for too long. The entire control panel now needs to be re-programmed and since the unit is under warranty, you'll need to call warranty to have them reprogram the control board or replace the main control board.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I see the words Control Panel High lighted.I checked further online and see that it is possible that the front panel is locked,perhaps from pushing the buttons to often.It states you you can touch the screen 3 times in ten seconds to unlock.Would this also be what would lock it?Is it anywhere on the screen or just the water dispense button?

Ted

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
That is not for your model. If its in flood lock more, the control board will need to be completely reprogrammed or replaced.