Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

our refrigerator and freezer quit cooling and they show no

our refrigerator and freezer quit cooling and they show no cooling number on top but the lights are on inside.?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If the digits are not showing you will need to replace the main control board that is number 5 in the diagram below.

The control board is located in the fresh food section where you press the buttons to adjust the temperature. Arrowed red below. To replace the control board you will need to unplug the unit from the wall outlet. Change the board and then plug it back in. That board will come with an instruction sheet. That sheet will tell you that you need to program a code in it. The code is located on the sticker where the model number is and says the word code. The part number for the control board is 12868513. That also is a factory part number you can shop anywhere with. One place that has that online is just below.

Please ask if you have questions,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you it was the right call.
You are very welcome. I appreciate the opportunity. If you ever have another appliance problem or question please return and ask.

Take care,