Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Customer Question

Trying to remove the bake element drawer from an LG 30451SB
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ..If it seems to be taking a while..This only means I'm reviewing a solution to your problem..The bake element is # XXXXX ...First go around back..Unplug unit..Remove the back cover..Disconnect the two wires to the element..Go inside oven..remove screws holding element in place..Slide the assembly out towards the front..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, isn't that easy. This element is an underneath element. Just look at the schematic you sent me. I've already reviwed that. It's in the drawer incased in the oven.

That is correct..on this model the drawer will actually be removed from the back..It slide directly out ..Remove the rear panel..Then disconnect the element..Remove the screws at the back holding the Drawer)pan) in place..Slide drawer out..Replace element.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Once the panel is removed, you cannot get to the drawer. Seems you must remove the complete inner panel with everything connected to it.

If you look inside the oven are there two screws at the back inside floor..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Don't know, not there, but I have to get back to figuring it out! No worries, wish you could have helped

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I accidently paid you. First time on site, I would appreciate it being credited back to my Justanswer account

If there are no screws inside..You will need to remove the door from the oven..Then remove the cover plate from the front..Go around back..Disconnect the power to element..Slide the element out the front
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's where I'm at now and can't seem to figure out how to disconnect from hinges. Please text me at XXX-XXX-XXXX, and I will take off the to the shop and check on door removal.
Unfortunately we are unable to use texting or phone calls..Open the door..You will see a tab at each hinge..Flip the tab out on both hinges..Then close door until it stops..Lift door off..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still canot get to the element, with your assistance. Please understand why I will call tomorrow for a credit of the money. Thank you,
What part in the repair are you having problems with..?