Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model no. ED5SHAXMT10 with

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model no. ED5SHAXMT10 with serial no.
SR3754304 purchased in 2005. Until a few days ago there was no problem, but now the icemaker will not produce ice. I have check the laser control and it appears to be working fine. I have also check the tray (mold) itseld and there is no water or formed cubes in it. I suspect that the fill house blocked but only to the icemaker. The water dispensor in the door still works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX, XXXXX you for choosing our service.

You are correct the water fill tube may be clogged. On some Whirlpool models there is a connector like the picture below, you can seperate that connector to verify that its actually clogged by blowing through it. Or you can remove the ice maker and put something into the black tube that fills the ice maker, if its clogged it will be very near the ice maker and it will be ice. You can warm that tube but be careful to not overheat anything in there with a hair dryer, be very careful. That should get the ice out and then it should start making ice again once the ice maker is cold.

You can follow the instruction sheet below to get the ice maker out. That should take care of it. If it happens you do not find a clog or if you do and it clogs with ice again soon you will need to replace the water inlet valve.

The water valve is a dual valve in one body, one side is for the dispenser and the other side is for the ice maker. If you follow the water line from your home to the first part on the refrigerator where that water line connects, that blue part there is the water valve.

To replace it UNPLUG THE UNIT. Turn off the water, remove the screws holding it on and pull it out where you can work with it. If you look where the plastic lines go into the valve you will see a white or yellow ring. Press that down in toward the valve while pressing the line in at the same time. Then pull the line out while holding the ring down. Simply push the line in the new valve and give it a light tug to be sure its seated.

Once you get all the water lines changed pull a wire connector off the old valve and push it on the new. Do that one at a time so you do not get them mixed up. Thats it. Plug up the unit and turn everything on and it will all start automatically.

WATER VALVE CLICK HERE.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
I need to make a correction on the water valve part number, disregard the link above and use the one below. Its factory part number W10408179.

CLICK HERE

Barry