Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag washer is giving me hot water on the wash cycle when

My maytag washer is giving me hot water on the wash cycle when switch is on cold wash/rinse and cold water on the cold/cold location. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you're getting "hot water" on Cold wash/rinse but you're getting cold water on "cold/cold"?

Is that correct. Also, can you tell me the location of your temperature switch? How many knobs over is it from the left/right?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I'm getting hot on cold cold. 3rd from left.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok perfect. So make sure your hoses aren't installed in reverse. You can just swap your hoses to check and see if this is the case. If you still get hot water coming out, then it sounds like your control board isn't reading the water correctly and would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board inside the control panel you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE