Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Ge Harmony washer issue: Ran fine previously. Few days later,

Ge Harmony washer issue:
Ran fine previously.
Few days later, does nothing.
No screen, no reactions, just a quiet click
when push power button.

Have had ge out in the past.
went into error mode. told us how
to bypass and reset.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately this is going to be more than a bypass reset issue. There is nothing that will stop the display from coming on for this model except the display control board itself. If you've already tried to unplug the unit and that didn't reset the display board, then the display control will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace. It's a really expensive part so hold your breathe Sealed.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you fairly sure this is the solution without further clues?
I mean how about unplugging the board and replugging that in?

also:
Would it be wiser to spend the money on a replacement washer rather than
fixing up old nellybell?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unplugging the board is just like unplugging the washer. You've stated that you've already done that so unfortunately it would just be repetative to unplug the board. You can do that if you want, but it shouldn't generate any different results. And yes, I'm very certain that nothing else can cause the display to not respond other than the display board itself.

As for replacement... that's a tough one. Normally I'd say get a new washer. The problem this time is that this washer talks to your dryer so you're talking about getting an entire new laundry set up with washer and dryer. If you have the money to do so then maybe it's something I'd consider. Otherwise I know the repair is expensive but it's definitely the cheapest of the options.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife just tells me that when ge came out he said the "sensor motor" needed replacing. But he taught her how to reset something which got it to work.
?
Also there is a small water leak into the tub after cycle was finished.
He said to live with it.
?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The small water leak could get bigger and it means that your electronic water valve isn't sealing up so the electronic water valve would need to be replaced.

The motor sensor or "hall sensor" may be bad, but that wouldn't stop the the display from lighting up. There is nothing that will stop the display from lighting up except the display board so you need to replace it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here's a tough question appliance doc...
Will the dryer work independently from the washer if I get a different washing maching?

And:
I am a fairly handy guy. Is it complicated job to do these fixes?

Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The dryer will not work independently. It needs the washer to talk to in order to work correctly.

Replacing the control board really isn't complicated at all. It's all straight forward and plug and play, but it's an expensive part.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So:
display needs replacing.
water valve needs replacing
"hall" sensor motor needs replacing.

Can I juryrig the dryer to work without the washer?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I don't think you can get the dryer to work. Maybe timed dry will work? But these are sold as sets because the control boards talk to each other so I'm not sure there is any way to get the dryer to work normally---at least GE training never said it was possible.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the help.
Wish it was better news.
Is the link you sent above
have the board part # XXXXX for me
or do I have to follow it up?
Would like the valve assembly part #
also.
Will the machine work without the hallsensor motor replacement?
last question promise.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Yes I'm sorry about the the bad news. And yes, the link I gave you before is the control board parts.

And yes, the machine will work without the hall sensor replacement---or at least it should. You'll know once you replace the control board if it stops and gives you an error.

Below is a link to the valve and the control board again.

CLICK HERE for board

CLICK HERE for valve

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.