Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Kenmore Elegance vacuum cleaner which I purchased

I have a Kenmore Elegance vacuum cleaner which I purchased in 2007. I have since had it in for repairs as the suction is not as strong and this vacuum is extremely loud. Apparently the technician cleaned everything and says it's working fine. This is incorrect. The suction is still not as strong as it was brand new and you have to wear earplugs while vacuuming or else right damage to your ear drums. I am quite disappointed as this unit was quite expensive and in 5 years I'm already having issues. Is it worth trying to fix again or should I cut my loss and purchase a new vacuum
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Do you have a servie agreement on this unit with Sears?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

The noise you are hearing is a bad bearing in the motor which will also affect the suction power of the unit, this would cost over $200 to have it replaced, at this point I would cut my losses and purchase a new one.....

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory