Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Maytag dryer Model: PYE2300AYW Rev: 11 Serial: 11323951CG.

Maytag dryer Model: PYE2300AYW Rev: 11 Serial: 11323951CG. All of the idler pulley diagrams do not show where or how to attach the spring to the idler pulley arm. I have the style idler pulley as shown as The idler (item5) of this drawing:
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=46651&diagram_id=630165#d630165
I have unit completely apart and don't know where to go next.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the idler pulley just hooks on the rod of the idler pulley and the bottom part connects to this hook looking metal cut out on the rear metal motor bracket basically on the floor. I'm sorry there isn't a picture for this but if you remove the drum and look around the rear of the motor, you should be able to locate the hook where you need to connect the spring.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hook looking metal cut out on the rear metal motor bracket basically on the floor???? I cannot find anything like that.

The drum is removed and I cannot find anyplace to connect the spring.

Are there any diagrams to show the placement?

No, there are no diagrams any better than the parts breakdown you've already seen. The spring does not hold in place when the belt is not attached. It's loose and sloppy which is why it falls off the hook when you disconnect the belt. Pull the idler pulley so it's up about 2 inches away from the motor pulley. Then put the spring on the idler puley and move the spring around to see the distance of about where it should attach without hitting the motor pulley.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Looking down from the top and standing in the front, should the idler pulley be towards the center or outside (left or right) and above or below the motor pulley when connected with the belt? Where does the spring connect on the idler pulley shaft, next to the pulley or on the lower leg of the bracket?
It should be above the motor pulley. And there should be a hook on the rod that the spring attaches to for the idler pulley.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no hook on the rod. The spring is threaded on the "U" shaped protion of the rod. Whether the threaded spring is on the upper or lower portion of the "U" shape would determine how far the spring could go to attach to anything. The free end of the spring is straight with about a 45 deg bend.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Maybe this link may help you

Click_Here

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the link but is does not solve my problem. My dryer has the lint trap in the door but the belt routing in the diagram does not help. It doesn't show where I hook the spring to the indler pulley bracket or where it attaches to the dryer to create any tension on the arm.
Welcome to Just Answer ..If it seems to be taking a while..This only means I'm reviewing a solution to your problem..Are you able to take a picture..This way we could show you how directly on your picture..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I can.

graphic

Please standby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm on hold for you.

I have a bunch of wet towels I would like to get dry someday.

Hook the spring here..Also please remember to use the submit option before leaving today
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If this is correct, it might help to make answering this question in the future a little easier for you.

Thanks

Jim

graphic

Yes it is correct..Glad i could finally get you the correct information..Pleas leave some positive feedback :) Bonuses are always welcome..Have a great day..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair