Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my LG dishwasher has soap residue on the door and the upper

my LG dishwasher has soap residue on the door and the upper level dishes do not appear to get washed
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, start an empty cycle and wait about 5 minutes. Open the door and tell me if the bottom of the tub is covered in water from the left wall to the right wall.

Next, put a cup in the top rack facing upwards and shut the door. Continue the cycle and wait another 5 minutes. Open the door and did the cup fill with water?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1) the bottom of the washer fills from left to right

2) there was no water in the cup in the top rack
ok so that's not good. That means that your dishwasher is definitely getting enough water but the pump isn't generating the force it needs to get proper water pressure to wash the dishes. I've never seen a clog cause this issue before but you can remove the bottom rack and take the pump apart from the top down to check for any build up and remove it. If you find nothing, then unfortunately the circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be replaced because it's starting to go bad.