Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a Bosch dishwasher. It flooded the basement the other

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher. It flooded the basement the other day. I turned the water off at the hot source but this morning it is still filling slowly and leaking. There was a whirring noise as it failed the other day and it seems that the water is coming in from somewhere unimpeded even if it is off. If I run it the water will drain but when I switch it off it slowly fills up again. Do you know if there is a fix to this or should I cut my losses and replace the dishwasher? The flooding damage is already going to be a couple of thousand
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ..If it seems to be taking a while..This only means I'm reviewing a solution to your problem..If the washer is filling without starting then you have a faulty fill valve..Follow the waterline from the homes source..To the fill valve under the dishwasher..It will lead yo straight to the valve.
The valve can simply be replaced..You would need to locate the model number to order the correct valve for your dishwasher..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But how do I stop the water from coming in? I have shut it off where the source comes from and it is still leaking out
Once you turn the water supply off from the homes water valve..There should be no leaking of water..If so..The homes valve is not turning off completely..Remove the waterline to the homes valve to check this..If the homes valve is working..once you remove the waterline from the homes valve there should be no water flowing..If so..The homes water valve is faulty also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think it is worth $50
Like i said first check the homes water valve..It sounds like you have two different problems..One being the dishwashers inlet valve..And the other being the homes valve..Once the homes valve is turned off..There should be no water at all running into the dishwasher..If you can locate a model number we can locate a new water valve for the dishwasher..Also remember if you have any further questions about this problem..You can ask at no charge..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would it be 1221992? That is the only number on it, stamped on the casing
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found the manual and it is for SHU 3300, 4300, SHI 4300, SHV 4300, 4800 and SHU 9900
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is the SHU 3300
Ok good model number..The water level assembly is mounted on the left side of washer..Pull the washer out..Then check the assembly for any build up of deposits..Allot of times this will cause the water to over flow ...CLICK HERE FOR PART From part #28 thru part #11 is the inlet water assembly..Check all hoses also

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here