Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

our front loading tumble action washer has water pouring out

our front loading tumble action washer has water pouring out from the dispenser drawer on to the front of the machine. How do I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where are they located on the machine. I am elderly, the washer is stacked under the dryer, and I am not sure I can move enough things to find the data plate. We bought the washer in 2003 when we moved into the house, if that would help ...
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
When you open the door of the unit it should be on a label there along with the serial number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model GLTF1040ASO

s/n XC34116295
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

This model is known for this to happen, What happens a small piece of clothing like a sock gets between the inner and out tub, and it works it;s way you to the dispenser opening clogging it up and causing the filling water to come out the front of the dispenser, however to repair it you would need to take the dryer down and then remove the top of the washing machine so access can be made to remove the item from the end of the hose, You may be better off calling for a repair service like A&E FActory Service @ 1.800.905.9505 to do this for you,,,

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thjought you'd like to know -- found 2 halves of nuts in the U-shaped tube that goes from the dispensor drawer to the wash tank. Removed them, no more leak. Thanks!
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

Glad you found it... Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Chas, Home Appliance Technician