Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have the Whirlpool duet and the dryer is locked. I have

I have the Whirlpool duet and the dryer is locked. I have held down the button for three seconds to get it to unlock and it will not. Already checked all filters and vent to make sure no obstruction. Don't know what to do next?

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Which button are you holding down for 3 seconds?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
end of cycle signal button on the far right side.
Try holding the button for about 10 seconds and see if it goes out then, otherwise unplug the unit for 20 minutes then plug it back in, let me know what happens....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
neither one worked.
Is the lock light flashing or solid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will it let you turn off the machine on the power button?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, none of the other controls do anything. Completely locked out. Control buttom does not work either.

Your user interface is broken, you have a shorted key in the pad somewhere, you will need to replace it with part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.