Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Question on a Sears Special Edition Front Load Dryer (traditional

Question on a Sears Special Edition Front Load Dryer (traditional style, at least 6 years old). Model(NNN) NNN-NNNN In the last week , it has developed a noise while operating that is somewhere between a rattle and a squeak. More a rattle. It started after we had a heavier that usual load in the dryer. The dryer is still operating normally, but I suspect the sound is an indicator that one of the moving parts is on its last legs - either the idler pully, the drum rollers or the motor.

Is there one or the other that typically gives out first and starts to make noise? Is there a way to try and diagnose which part is making the noise? Or am I off base completely?

I took the front of the machine and visually inspected the parts. Nothing was obviously worn out. But I'm no expert on these. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

You are on track there, however I would replace the rollers and the idler, they are not expensive and you have to take it apart to install them anyway so kill 2 birds with one stone and replace all the parts at the same time...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.