Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have 7 year old Samsung side-by-side refrigerator. The valve

I have 7 year old Samsung side-by-side refrigerator. The valve that controls the water flow to the ice maker has to be replaced. I have to turn the freezer compartment off for 3 days so that the new valve can be installed after the water line unfreezes.

I can't figure out how to turn the freezer compartment off. Please tell me how to do this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

where is the water line froze in the unit? it this a SxS model or a bottom mount french door model?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is frozen in the back of the refrigerator and it is a side by side model.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
If it is frozen in the back of the fridge, why do you want to defrost the freezer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The repairman said to turn the freezer off 48 hours before he is going to replace the valve o n Wednesday.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

About the only thing you can do is unload the unit and unplug it overnight the day before the tech comes out to repair it, leave the doors open during that time, it will be defrosted by the time he gets there...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory