Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Maytag Commercial Model MAT12CSDGW - Coin slot is jammed and

Maytag Commercial Model MAT12CSDGW - Coin slot is jammed and won't come out, how can I free it?

Appliance Tech Care :

Welcome to Just Answers, I will be glad to help you with your question.

Customer:

Coin slot is jammed in - won't come out

Appliance Tech Care :

if you can pull out the coin slot , then you will need to remove the coin mech from the console

Appliance Tech Care :

do you know how to do that?

Customer:

OK ! I have removed the coin tray and the only thing I can see looking into that void is a nut in the roof of the housing, which I thought might be all that is holding the coin slot in place? If I undo that nut will the coin slot come out? If yes, then what do I have to do to free it?

Appliance Tech Care :

you have removed the coin mech from the machine, by removing the long bolt holding it in?

Appliance Tech Care :

Full Size Image

Appliance Tech Care :

does it look lie this?

Customer:

Not yet! I'm reluctant to sart unscrewing anything when I don't know what I'm doing. I've removed the removable coin tray by unlocking it, I don't know how to remove the coin slot mechanism, except if it's the bolt with the nut on it visible in the roof of the coin tray void.

Customer:

Sorry your picture hasn't come out at my end

Appliance Tech Care :

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=117102&ModelNum=MAT12CSAAW&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=CW14-34&Position=4&mfg=Maytag&Type=&Mark=4

Appliance Tech Care :

go to this link

Appliance Tech Care :

look at item #7 this is a long bolt that is accessed thur the timer cover. open the cover and feel around the front edge of the opening. You will feel the end of the bolt. You need to get a 5/16 or 3/8 socket on the end of the bolt and unscrew it CCW the bolt end comes thru the face of the coin mech above the coin slots so you should see it turn. Unscrew it 4-5 turns. The bolt stays in the machine, but the coin mech will release and come out the front oft the machine.

Appliance Tech Care :

I have a video that will show you how to remove and take it apart. Will this "answer" your question?

Customer:

Thanks! Just as well that I didn't try unscrewing the other nut, Do I have to log off now or can I stay in and come back to you when I've come to the next hurdle!

Customer:

Oh yes, send the video that should do it

Appliance Tech Care :

Here is the link for the video
you will need to exit the chat to accept my answer. If you have any questions just come back to this chat and I will help you out.

Customer:

Thanks I'm going to accept, do I get the link first or afterwards - there is no link to the video in your last, or at least it didn't come out at this end.

Appliance Tech Care :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82wK6I3a_qw

Appliance Tech Care :

sorry

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX finally check out how do I reactivate this session if I encounter another problem?

Appliance Tech Care :

Just come back to your question, although the video is quite complete.

Appliance Tech Care :

I am sure you will figure it out

Appliance Tech Care :

ok

Appliance Tech Care :

?

Customer:

Thanks!