Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

My Whirlpool Cabrio dryer is not moving from the sensing light

My Whirlpool Cabrio dryer is not moving from the sensing light to actual operation.
Hello and thank you for using this service.

So the dryer starts and then just stays on sensing, just so I know what is actually happening. Also do you have the model off the machine

Please click Accept and a smiley face as to how I assisted you today and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The dryer lights turn on - the dryer does not actually start operation - and the light stays on sensing in addition to the settings I program in. MOD: WED6600VWD SER: MY3118366 TYPE: DSSL-ELE-2406026-ELDU
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I get the dryer to function? It is not working - tumbling or heating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Welcome to Just Answer ..If it seems to be taking a while..This only means I'm reviewing a solution to your problem..First off you would need to test the thermal fuse #7 with a meter..Remove the back cover..Locate the fuse..Remove both wires to the fuse..Then test with a simply test meter for countinuity..Normally when the unit has power and will not tumble or heat..Then the thermal fuse is faulty...First test the fuse as described..Thanks Bob

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is my son's house and I have no idea where his tools are. And, if the fuse needs replacing, I need to hit the appliance parts store, correct? In other words, I need a repairman, wouldn't you say?
You can also replace the fuse as it is a inexpensive part..That is if you do not have a multi test meter..You can also order the part online..CLICK HERE TO ORDER PART The replacement is a simple job..Unplug the dryer..Remove the back cover..Replace the fuse...The correct way would be to first test the fuse.This fuse can also be purchased at any Appliance shop..As it is a common part..Thanks BobRe-lock
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bob, hope this message gets to you. I removed the back panel on the cabrio dryer and everything is covered by two major metal panels. Do you have access to the schematics for this particular dryer? Nothing looks anything like the schematic you sent me and I hate to go blundering and wonder if I would recognize the fuse if I saw it. Last time I worked on a dryer I replaced the heating element and this technology is totally different - much more complicated. Hope you can help.
Here is a diagram of the back panel #7...Also the thermal fuse..All according to the model number you posted..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That schematic is not correct. I opened the panel and found a troubleshooting booklet and was able to locate the thermal fuse and will attempt to replace it (I can't find an ohmmeter here - it's not my house). Guess if it works, you're a genius!! If not, I'll call a repairman. Thanks for trying to help. I put an extra $10 on the $30 fee so I'm calling it even. Let me know if you're unhappy with that, but wherever you get your schematics - don't use that source any more.
Here is a pdf of the tech sheet you found inside..Alittle bit easyier to read..CLICK HERE

Once opened close out the advertisements..Then begin the download..If the fuse is ok..You can trouble shoot from the tech sheet..Next thing to look at is the door switch..And thanks for the bonus..If you run into any more problems let me know..Thanks Bob.