Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Miele Dishwasher G641 Plus. On cycle the drain pump

Customer Question

I have a Miele Dishwasher G641 Plus. On cycle the drain pump will not operate leading to drain/inlet light coming on. Drain pump is clean and runs perfectly on the bench out of the dishwasher. Any ideas what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service.

On that unit it is very common for a small object to get stuck in the pump out pipe. Now if you are sure that is clear, you have to check if the unit is getting water. If the inlet valve screen is plugged up or the water proof system is plugged up. Here are the directions to check the water proof system out, that feeds the water to the valve.

They often get clogged with stuff and stick.

5.24 WaterProof System (WPS) Removal
1. Remove the drip pan. See Section 5.29.
2. Release the hose clamp tension and remove the intake hose from the flow meter
(or water intake assembly).
3. Disconnect the electrical connection to the solenoid valve (Y2) located near the
front of the water softener salt tank.
4. Release the locking collar tension on the back of the dishwasher and remove the
WPS by pulling outwards.
Note:
The new WPS is supplied with various flow restrictors. Ensure that the correct flow
restrictor (color-coded) is installed.
5.25 WaterProof System (WPS) Restrictor Replacement
1. Shut off the water supply.
2. Disconnect the WPS at the plumbing supply connection.
3. Remove the sealing washer and filter from inside the WPS connection.
4. Using a 5mm nut driver, press and tilt the restrictor to the side (see Figure 5-22).
Figure 5-

Please click Accept and a smiley face as to how I assisted you today and bonuses are appreciated. Than
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, thanks for your prompt response. There's no problem with the water supply to the machine, its getting the water out. When you put the machine on cycle there is a pause where the drain pump normally runs, then the water enters the unit as normal.
You are sure nothing is in the drain lines and that there is not water in the basin pan under the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Drain lines completely clear an no water under dishwasher. Is there level sensor or pressure switch that is required to be made before the drain pump will run?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Still waiting on answer