Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GE JBP76G oven not working after cleaning cycle, turn on oven

GE JBP76G oven not working after cleaning cycle, turn on oven to preheat and the self cleaning light flashes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service.

This is a common problem and you will need the control board to fix it. The problem is they do not make the board anymore for certain ones in that series so you will need the complete model number in order for me to check for you. There is a place that does rebuild the obsolete ones. Let me know

Please click Accept and a smiley face as to how I assisted you today and bonuses are appreciated. Than
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX where is this board located, and what is the typical cost?
The control is the clock display control it is one piece part #16 on the diagram. I included a link to the part as well it is $116 and it is available for your unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How positive that's the issue? Could it be the high limit switch or the door latchin mechanisim?
There is no high limit on that unit, you can double check the latch and make sure the micro switch is working. You will need to get the top up to check it. There is a chance that the micro switch could be burned out. The screws should be under the front edge to get the top up to get at the latch mechanism. here is the breakdown part #708 is the switch part #709 is the latch mechanism. Also if you want to check everything you can test the sensor probe in the oven. It should read around 1100ohms at room temp 70 degrees. it will vary with temp but approximately 1050-1150 around 70-80 degrees.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Any other possibilities?

no that is it.