Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Customer Question

my maytag epic z will not start in any cycle. when i push start the add garments light comes on and then the door locked light comes on. it then acts as if it is going to start and goes through some delay for about three mins and then it shuts off and nothing happens. i have gone the user and care guide and have tried the methods they say to do and haven't had any promising results. any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This could be one of two things causing this problem. Either your main control board is shorted and it will need to be ordered and replaced, or the dispenser linkage is jammed and it won't turn when the washer starts. To check, pull the washer forward and remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can see the linkage at the top of the dispenser. If it's jammed and won't move when you start the cycle, you'll need to help it move and unjam the linkage.