Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have been out all day and the refrigerator is not very cool

I have been out all day and the refrigerator is not very cool and the stuff in the freezer is thawed out.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the freezer door, do you hear a fan running inside the freezer? If the fan is running inside the freezer the noise will be noticeably louder when you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, we hear the fan noise.
ok so pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Touch the big black compressor. Is it blazing hot, warm, or room temperature? Also, is the fan next to the compressor running?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is warm and the fan next to the compressor is running
ok so it sounds like the compressor is running which means that you may have an inefficient compressor or a freon leak. To confirm you'll need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Check the silver coils and check the frost pattern on the coils. If there is no frost or it's not likely frosted from top to bottom, then you have a freon leak or a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician out to check the freon pressure.