gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

Where can I purchase a lid switch for my washer? I verified

Customer Question

Where can I purchase a lid switch for my washer?
I verified that the one broke on my washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hellow hello.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

Lid switch assembly, Washing Machine.

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNNww.repair clinic.com

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
if you have no futher questions pressing accept is how i get paid.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
you may have forgotten that we only get paid if you press accept.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and that is 100% the one for my washer. you saw my whirl pool model number. if i just put my little finger through the whole and the whole thing came off, i am assuming it is messed up. what do you thin?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
thats going to be your problem
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
this is the switch that calls for your model
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you know how to replace it.
is it just two screws? or does it call for more then that?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
once you remove the two screw you will the follow the harness to the control panel which will need to be open to disconnect the switch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do you mean by follow the harness. The two screws are on the swith itself and the wire run on the side of the lid to the back. how do you open the switch if it is all broken.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
what i meant was follow the wirs to the switch back to the control panel..you can pull up a diagram at www.partselect.com.com.www.or.com
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
wires
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i see that, i see it go to the back and the harness sticks out of the top of the lid and the control panel has the plug that plugs into it. so the two screws will remove the whole switch? and i can just pop in the new switch and screw the two screws back?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
yes those two screws will remove the switch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i looked at this manual.

https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20881425.pdf

it says the switch lid is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand the one you pointed me to is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Are they the same?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

your model calls for the part and part number that i have posted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i ask where the source of this you are getting this from?

I got that manual from whirlpool. Are they the same?

Im afraid to order it and it does not fit.
My daughter is at home with a big pile of dirty clothes and she is depending on me to get this fixed quickly :)

if that is the case, will this one work also. I found it on amazon for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Washing-Machine-Switch-Whirlpool-3949247/dp/B001DPXZBM
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
dlet me knod if you have any other questions i will be gad to answer them for you
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

ok that will work.even if its cheaper.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, so since the model numbers are different then the oem whirlpool model number that they recommend, there is no difference at all?
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
not at all .you have no worries.you can also purchase this part at your local appliance parts dealer.since you have to catch up on your laundry lol.good luck to you,if i have been helpful pressing accept is how i get paid.have great weekend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, will do, thanks for your help.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
your very welcome.
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
guess, what that part you told me to order was not the right one. that harness does not fit in that slot at all. I had to cut the harness off the old to make it work.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
sorry about that ,but your model number calls for this exact part.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its alright. but be careful on the source you are using to determine that. I sent you the actual manual from whirlpool and it was one number off. I should of trusted that manual then the source you are looking at since they were off.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
yes i understand,glad that i was able to fix your actual problem