Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Gas range and cook top slide in model burners work great gas

Gas range and cook top slide in model burners work great gas oven won't light you hit the start button and it comes up with the word start and a question mark. Is something locked? Gas was turned off when I bought the house
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like the range just doesn't know you're pushing the start button. The start button should beep when you press BAKE, enter the temperature, and then press START. If it doesn't beep when you press start, then it sounds like the control touchpad is shorted because it doesn't know you're pushing the start button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
whats my next move take it out and test it
There is no way to test the touchpad. The test is to push the start pad and if it doesn't beep then it needs to be replaced. The next move is to get a model number which should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door. Once you have the model, you can order the touchpad from a local appliance parts store or some place on line like