gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

My Maytag Centennial washes the clothes, but when it reaches

Customer Question

My Maytag Centennial washes the clothes, but when it reaches the rinse cycle, the water doesn't fill. It seems to be draining out. Sometimes it works, sometimes not????!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi

gst85 :

may i get the full model number please?

Customer :

mvwc300vw0

gst85 :

great thanks.so instead of the machine filling the tub to finish the cycle.it will just go directly into spin/drain .is that correct?

Customer :

yes!

gst85 :

ok just a few minutes please while i look into this problem for you.

Customer :

my husband says it goes into the rinse, water comes in, but it doesn't fill, water goes out the drain

gst85 :

thanks for waiting.will it do the same in every cycle?

Customer :

no it goes through the wash part just fine

gst85 :

ok ask him if its agitating while the water is draining?

Customer :

no it is not

gst85 :

ok based on the problem that you have t,the timer is just shorting out.

gst85 :

now i can provide you with the price and part number,then it would be up to you to decide to have it replaced

Customer :

ok

gst85 :

Timer

Manufacturer Number W10175557.www.repair clinic.com

gst85 :

$132,35.

Customer :

my husband says why does it work, then not work. That is the timer?

gst85 :

thats going to be the contact points inside the timer that are making bad contect

gst85 :

contact

Customer :

He said the water is coming in but the drain is not closing

gst85 :

it is retaining water while it is washing.correct?

Customer :

yes

gst85 :

ok the timer will be the issue,

Customer :

thank you.

gst85 :

your welcome.if i have been helpful pressing accept is how i get paid.

gst85 :

have a great weekend.

gst85 :

please remember to press accept before you go

gst85 :

are you still there?

gst85 :

you may have forgotten that we only get paid if you press the accept button before leaving ..