Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an older model double oven Jenn Air. The power is on

I have an older model double oven Jenn Air. The power is on but when I press Bake or Broil and set the temp the indicator will not stay on beyond 5 or 10 seconds. Just prior to my trying there was a code F1 on the screen for controlling the ovens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F1 on these older Jenn Air ovens means that your oven thinks that the oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.