Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a GFSSKKYCSS model LT902592 refridge n freezer .. when

Customer Question

I have a GFSSKKYCSS model LT902592 refridge n freezer .. when i plug it in it will get to the temperature set points i set on the door but after a few hours it gets hot again, i can change the set point on the door to a different temp and the thing gets cold again. then its goes ot again, till i change set point again.. same thing with the freezer settings. i have changed the mother board already.. any help would be appreicated.. thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for using just answer. You need to check out several areas for me. First, open the freezer door, either feel the back wall, or look at it with a flashlite. Do you see or feel any white frosty ice? When you open the freezer door, is the fan running? Next, if you can, pull the frig. away from the wall, and remove the lower cover. To the right of the domed compressor, is the condenser fan. Is it running? Fast or slow? Please reply to each of these questions, as these are all areas that I would look at, if I were there, It will help with determing what's wrong with your frig. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no ice but feels really cold,, the fan isn't running at all, neither inside or by compressor.
am checking on parts, will get back to you soon
Hi, when you changed out the board, did you also change the PBA board next to it. When you changed the board, the evaporator fan in the freezer should have been changed, along with the condenser motor by the compressor. Was looking at all the parts involved, and it might behoove you to think about a new frig. Parts could come to around $500.00 give or take. Usually what happens on these frigs. these motors go out and then take the control boards out. Because you didn't replace the motors, and put the new board in, you may have burned it out again. Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i never changed out the pba board.. my fans work sometimes when i change temp setpoints, or if i unplug and replug it will get cold and blow the fans.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service.

Whch part number did you replace WR55X10764 or WR55X10985?

Please click Accept and a smiley face as to how I assisted you today and bonuses are appreciated. Than
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i changed out wr55x10955,, mother board not power board..
That will most likey be the issue. They have had numerous issues with the power board for the unit shutting off and then having to be restarted as you described by turning the temp back down. Replace that board and your issue should be solved. Buy it from repairclinic.com as you can send it back if it does not work even after it was installed. That way you will really not be out much of anything. From all the ones I have seen that is the problem board
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I finely got the new power board installed,, still not working right.. the freezer and refridge will get down to the desired temps on the control panel then the system shutsdown. the compressor stops along with both fans inside and outside. when i 1st plug it the compresser and the evaparator fans are running to get the unit cool. Is there something esle that i can check,,defrost timer,defrost heater etc?
I had a weird issue like that on a Frigidaire unit very similar, turned out to be a b bad damper motor. The newer units are using a stepper damper motor which alternates the voltage...when they go bad they send the wrong signal to the board this can cause it to shut off and not restart. The unit I had would start shutting off all the time. That would be my last idea on your unit.