Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Model YKERC607HB8 Kitchen Aid Range. Everything works except

Model YKERC607HB8 Kitchen Aid Range. Everything works except my digital read outs are sometimes dim or go out completely. If I tap on the glass planel it sometimes comes back on. I think I need a new control board? Does this sound correct Thank you
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

In this range there are two possible causes. 1 the relay board is failing. (most likely the cause) this has a transformer on it that controls the oven control board. the only way to tel which is to take a meter and see if the power to the oven control fluctuates. if so replace the relay board. if not replace the oven control. which board were you thinking of replacing. the top one or bottom picture?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The oven functions all work perfectly ,even if you can't see the temp read out etc. The oven comes on heats up to temp and cycles off / on to maintain temp. of 350 eg. The clock also maintains proper time when the display comes back on.

okay. the problem is the relay board controls the digital readout but can still run the oven okay because that is controlled by the relays. but the transformer on the board also controls the relays so when its closing the relay for back its loosing power to the digital readout. my suggestion is to replace the relay board. heres a link to the part.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay-Board/9782437/940113?modelNumber=YKERC607HB8 thanks and best wishes, Bryan