Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Bosch dishwasher displaying e24. Model #sHE6ap

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service tech and I can help you today.
Jon Grella : On your machine the e24 error code is for a drain error. It usually will give you this error after trying to drain the water. If the appliance has stopped full of water then you have to check the drain hose for blockages, especially where it connects to the drain. Check the pump for a blockage, bail out the water manually and remove the filters. You should find a cover held by a screw covering the pump impellor. Take out the screw, take off the cover and remove anything jamming the pump. Refit the cover and try the appliance again
Jon Grella : I can get the drain pump motor part info for you should you find that there is no blockage. Then you can install the new drain pump and fix this machine.
Jon Grella : If you feel that I have answered your question please remember to hit the green accept button below. And if you have any other questions please post them back here and I will help you more. At no extra charge to you.
Customer: I will try and get back to you
Jon Grella : The drain pump part number is XXXXX and should cost about $30. It canbe ordered at either or or And even sometimes a bit cheaper at amazon or eBay. But be careful when getting part from those sites. You want to make sure that you get a factory original new part.
Jon Grella : Email me back if you have any other questions and I will help you further.
Jon Grella : And if no questions please remember to hit the green accept button below.
Jon Grella : Thank you.
Jon Grella : How old is this machine?
Jon Grella : If the machine is under one year old it will be covered under the original manufacturer warranty. And in that case get the parts directly through Bosch. They will pay for everything. They will even do the repair to. But I assume that this machine is more then a year old. In that case use the places I said above. Or email me back and I will help you further.
Jon Grella : I will be here for a while. So if you find no blockage and need more help post back here. Otherwise, if you find a blockage and retry the machine and it works, great .
Customer: I am running cycle now, the machine is not even 1 year, so if this does not work I will contact them thank you
Jon Grella : You are welcome. In that case please don't remove or work on this machine at all you could void the warranty
Customer: Thanks
Jon Grella : If it doesn't work after rerunning it call bosch directly and they will take care of everything
Jon Grella : I can get their number for you if you need it?
Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer today.

Here is the Bosch number you will need to call 1-800-944-2904

If ou need anything else with this machine please email me back here and i will help you further. For no additional charge.

Thanks again.